November 16, 2012

Chore Chart

I've been looking for a new chore chart idea for a long time.  There's one by Melissa and Doug that I liked, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on a chore chart, especially because I'd need 2.  Today I got a new idea, inspired by a post I found on Pinterest.  

First a side note:
My children are 4, and almost 3 (and 5 months but lets face it, she's not doing any chores ☺) They don't understand money so we use Stone Jars as a reward system for helping out.  We use a pint size jar and they get small craft stones for helping, once their jar is full they get a one-on-one date with Daddy.  It's become something both girls and Daddy always look forward to.  

So... my chore chart. I used my Silhouette to make these circle cutouts on magnetic paper, each circle has pictures of the chores, seems they can't read, and how many stones that chore is worth.  They are allowed to choose which chores they want to do and earn their stones doing something different every day.  I love it.  It helps to teach them responsibility and consequence. 

So far it's working great, they're both really excited.  I've posted some pics below:


The rewards are based off of how "fun" or easy the jobs are.  The chores that are "Mommy" chores are worth more stones because it takes more effort.






I think this will be the perfect solution to my problem.
How do you work chores at your house?
Photobucket

No comments: