June 6, 2011

Super Easy and Amazing BBQ Chicken

Sorry I've been kinda slacking on the blog the last few weeks. My husband (he's in the USCG) recently got orders to the USCG Cutter Forward. He's visiting places like Spain and several countries in Africa for the summer. Unfortunately that leaves me home alone for a while with the kids, the dog, the yard, the house, and my schooling. So crafting has kind of taken a back seat in my life for a few months.

I did, however, make the most amazing BBQ chicken for dinner last night that I wanted to share. This is actually a recipe for a Dutch Oven (ya know the big cast iron pot used when camping...) but I made mine in the oven last night and it worked just fine.

If using a Dutch Oven use 8 Charcol on Bottom and 14 Charcol on top, have extra charcols ready, you'll need to replace them once or twice.
If using your home oven, preheat oven to 350°.
Dutch Oven BBQ Chicken

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, tenderized just a little.
1/2 C. Ketchup
1/2 C. Vinegar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Water

Heat oil in Dutch Oven, or large pot with lid. Add Chicken and brown on both sides, don't cook it all the way though, just brown the outside. Pour remaining ingredients on top and stir. Cover and bake in oven for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours until the chicken is done and tender (mine shredded really easy after an hour in the home oven). Stirring every 20 mintues.

This dinner is REALLY good with some potatoes, I like the red "new" potatoes the best. Last night I just used russets and I also served it with some purple cauliflower. (You should try this cauliflower, no I didn't dye it. You can find it in the produce section of your grocery store, there is purple, green, orange and white. It's really good. Healthy for you too.)

Photobucket

No comments: