March 10, 2012

Baby Quilt Progress

Here's the first pieced portion of my baby quilt.  I am hand piecing this quilt and I am amazed how accurate it lines up.  Just look at this picture.  The diamonds line up perfectly in the center and it lays flat.  So far I have 5 finished stars.  I need 18 whole stars and 4 half stars.  I hope to have it pieced in a couple of weeks because it's going to take me a long time to quilt it.  If it turns out as nicely as these first few stars look I think I'm going to enter it into the country fair this fall.  (It's been a dream of mine to have a quilt worthy of entering the fair ever since I started quilting.) I don't even care if I win, I just want the pride of knowing it was displayed at the fair and people from all around my area are going to see it.


One trick I have discovered for this project is the EZ Quilting 60° diamond ruler.  I found one at Joann's for about $10, and it makes it possible to cut perfect diamonds in a matter of seconds.  It's my new best friend.

I can't wait until I can make my next post for this quilt.  I've never been more excited about a quilt.
Photobucket

No comments: