August 22, 2012

Sweetened Condensed Milk and Cinnamon Butter

Hey there. It's true....all of us have been busy! It's not that I haven't crafted..I just haven't taken pictures of any of my crafts in the last while. Moving is crazy, there's no way around it.   However, I ALWAYS find time to cook (even if I don't take pictures), so here are a few recipes to add to your collection:


I LOVE sweetened condensed milk. Anything with it is delicious, honestly. It does get a little pricey....so how about making it yourself? It's EASY! This can be used just like the kind you buy in the store in a can.

Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup warm water
1 Cup + 2 T Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
3/4 cup Sugar

Place warm water in bowl. Add dry milk and mix well. Add sugar and mix until smooth. Store in refrigerator in container with a lid.

So, What are my 2 favorite recipes that contain sweetened condensed milk?

Fudge Bars

and
Cinnamon Butter..you know the stuff you get at Texas Roadhouse? Yeah, kind of like that! :)

Cinnamon Butter
1 cup Butter, softened
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled
1 tsp Cinnamon (or more, to taste)
1/2 tsp corn syrup

Mix together, spread on bread or rolls. YUM!

No comments: