April 17, 2012

Chunky Chicken Rosemary Stew

I feel a bit like I've dropped off the face of the Earth the last couple weeks.  Trying to get through the semester and taking care of baby-preparation has about consumed my life.  I've also thoroughly enjoyed getting into the outdoors and beautiful weather with my family.  
Tonight though, I made a delicious stew for dinner, I mean it was G-O-O-D!




Chunky Chicken and Rosemary Stew

1 lb small gold potatoes
1 lg onion
2 carrots, peeled
4 oz. mushrooms
1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts
1 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 C. chicken broth
1/2 C. tomato paste
2 Tbsp. cornstarch



Dice potatoes, onion, and carrots, mushrooms, and chicken into 1" chunks.  Combine in mixing bowl with rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Whisk broth, paste, and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved.  Add to chicken mixture and mix well.  Pour into oven safe casserole dish.  Cover, and bake at 375° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

*The only regret I had was forgetting to the bread to go with it.  It would pair very well with some fresh french bread, or even a slice of homemade white bread.*

*I must give credit where credit is due: The original recipe I followed was from Pampered Chef- Hearty Chicken and Rosemary Stew. I changed a few little things here and there, omitted the alcohol and changed measurements a bit.*
Photobucket

No comments: