February 12, 2011

Our Family Motto

Today started out as a good day.  My husband put the last coat of stain on the shelf he made for me.  It's drying as I speak.  So we rearranged furniture in our living room today so we could hang the quilt rack where I want it.  (It's mildly refreshing to rearrange furniture, change things up a bit, if you know what I mean.)  Anyway, I got an idea for a vinyl project while I was rearranging ☺

For years now I have enjoyed a quote by Helen Keller, I'm sure you've heard it:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure."
Once upon a time I got a fortune cookie that said "To you, Life is a Bold and Dashing Adventure"
This fortune has inspired me just as Helen Keller has, so I combined the two and we have Our Family Motto.
So I went to the hardware store and I bought a tile and I cut my quote from vinyl.


The only problem I have now is that (on the stand I bought) my tile is slightly too big for the intended location.  So I've decided once my quilt rack is hung it will sit in the center.  ☺

Photobucket

No comments: