Amazingly the girls are loving this. Stones are SO Exciting!
How to Work a Stone Jar
1. Take two mason jars, remove seals, but keep the rings.
2. Place a square of fabric over the top and glue it to the ring with hot glue
3. Decorate as desired. (I cut an X in the top of each for easy deposits.)
4. Purchase your stones, Mine are the type usually found in flower vases, purchased at Dollar Tree
(you can use marbles or any type of token)
5. Any time the kids do something good give them a stone (i.e. brushing their teeth, cleaning up their toys, helping with laundry or dishes, sharing, saying please/thank you... etc. My youngest gets one every time she goes potty in the toilet.)
6. Let them deposit their own stones
7. Offer an Ultimate reward once their jars are full and make it sound really BIG!
(my kids get a solo trip with Daddy for Ice Cream this time,
next time it might be a dollar store toy or something like that.)
8. Don't take away their stones unless it is very well deserved and well warned.
(kids have a hard time understanding why you're taking away what they're so proud of.)
9. Once the jars are full and the Ultimate reward has been issued empty the jars and start again.