May 24, 2011

4 Seasons

Remember this shelf? Well I finally figured out what I wanted to put on it! Hurray!

First you will need 2 2x4's. I cut mine into 22 blocks (5 8in. & 4in. blocks, 4 7in, 6in, & 5in. blocks) Then I divided them all up so they looked like this.
Here is the one for SPRING
Then I found some cordinating papers and cut them to fit the blocks.
Then found some matching paints.
Then I painted each block. I painted all the sides except the front because it was going to be covered in paper.
Then I decided to hand draw the letters and cut them out on white paper.
Then I modge podged the paper onto the front.

Then I put a layer of modge podge on top of the paper.
Then laid the letters on top and put yet another coat of modge podge. ( man I love that stuff! )
Then all the letters will look like this!
I technically haven't done this step yet, but I am planning on doing it soon. When for this step I am planning on outlining the outside of the letters with elmer's glue and then pour glitter on top.
Then I added some extra touches and set them on my shelf! Hurray!
I also painted these cute little wooden figures and hung them on the hooks!
And Volia! Now I just need to get SUMMER, FALL, and WINTER done. Stay tuned for pictures!

Photobucket

No comments: