February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's no secret that we

Our Readers! So, on behalf of all of us,
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

I made you all a treat: Red Velvet Cheesecake Pops...they're even Heart shaped!! :)

Red Velvet Cheesecake Pops:
1 Red Velvet Cake Mix, cooked according to box directions
1 recipe (or can) Cream Cheese Frosting

Once cake is cooked and cooled, dump entire cake into a large bowl. Stir in your cream cheese frosting to make a "paste"-type substance. I put the mixture into some heart-shaped ice cube molds I got in the dollar-bin at target. You can also use a cookie scoop to make small balls, and just put them on a cookie sheet or onto wax paper. Put in freezer for at least 2 hours (you can leave them in there for several days even, if you need to!).



Once they're frozen, you can melt some white chocolate (baking squares, chocolate chips...whatever floats your boat). If it's too thick to dip, you can add a small amount of shortening. DO NOT add water!

I put the melted chocolate into a cup, to make it easy to dip. I buy the sucker sticks (they come in packages) at Walmart...usually they are near the wedding stuff. Put your sticks into your frozen cake pops, then dip in white chocolate. Place on cookie sheet or wax paper and allow chocolate to harden. Put back into the fridge or freezer, and enjoy as you desire! YUM!!!!! Hope you enjoy them! ;)

I let my boys pick out what they wanted to create for their Valentine's boxes this year. My older son wanted an Alligator:


And my younger one wanted a TRUCK:




I used empty tissue boxes, an empty pasta box, and an empty tongue depressor box from work (who knew that being a nurse could come in so handy?!) A little acrylic paint, decorative and construction paper, and this was our final product. The kids LOVED them. And so do I. I think I'm going to stick them in our Valentine's tote and let the boys use them again next year. :)


Photobucket



No comments: