May 10, 2012

John Deere Baby Quilt... Pieced

I have absolutely loved this project, up until this week.  I finished piecing the center last week, and this week I started my borders, I started with a thick green border, then a thin yellow, then a white, and was about to continue when I realized I hated it.

So!  I tore off the borders, rearranged colors, started with the thick green border again, wait... I hated that already.

So! I tore off the borders... again, then rearranged the colors, realized I hated the yellow I picked.

So! I went to the fabric store and picked a new yellow, rearranged the colors and put the borders on as you see them here, and I finally love it again.

I wasted about 3/4 of a yard of fabric on this project with all the borders I cut then realized I didn't like and threw out to start over, but it's finally pieced.




I have 4 weeks left to quilt this beauty before it's owner (hopefully) arrives!  I'll be going back to the fabric store this weekend to pick a flannel backing, probably a light solid pink, the binding will be an assortment of the pink fabrics used in the stars.

If I have time I'm going to quilt some little pink tractors inside the green border around the quilt, but that might take more time than I have.  Guess I better get moving, huh?
Photobucket

No comments: