December 11, 2011

Finally a Post From Kristie and Flashback to Halloween :)

Well to start off, sorry I haven't posted anying for a very long time. My family recieved some news during the last couple months that turned our lifes completely upside down. We found out my mom has cancer. The Dr.'s first told us it was pre-stage 1 and that all would be well. Then after her 1st surgery, we were told that it was stage 4 and uncurable, but treatable. The timeline also shrunk from 8 months - 10 years down to 6 months - 3 years. It has been a hard trial to deal with, but I think things are finally soaking in and I feel like I am able to continue on with some things now. All the thoughts and prayers that have been sent and are continuing to be sent are much appreciated. We are all very grateful for all the love and support we have recieved.

(WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS FLASHBACK TO HALLOWEEN :)

I looked back over that last couple months and realized I never posted pictures of my sweet little lady's halloween costume. She was Minnie Mouse and between my mother in law and I we made her whole costume.

We found the pink t-shirt on clearance for $1.97 at Children's Place, I bought the black long sleeved shirt and black tights at Walmart, she already had the pink croc's, and we made everything else. We used a poodle skirt pattern for the polka dot skirt and my mother in law free handed the bloomers (so cute!) She also made the white collar to go on top the shirts. Then I made the all the bows, buttons and ears.
I think it turned out pretty cute! She loved being Minnie and had a great time trick or treating!

No comments: