December 14, 2011

That's What Christmas Is All About Charlie Brown

So I've been having a hard time with Christmas this year. I just can't get in the mood. No matter how many Christmas carols I listen to, or how many Christmas movies I watch. I just don't feel it.  And then to top it off Christmas is on a Sunday this year and our church starts at 9 am!  Which means we will either have to celebrate early, wake up early, or skip church.  On top of everything it just seemed like too much.  But tonight as I was making yet another attempt to get into the Christmas spirit I heard the song "Mary did you know?" and it made me cry. (well okay that's not fair about anything makes me cry anymore.) Then I started thinking about the true meaning of Christmas and I was reminded of Charlie Brown asking if "ANYONE" knows what Christmas is all about....


So my goal for the next week and a half is to try a little harder to remember what Christmas is all about and not to get caught up in the hussle and bussle of this time of year.  It's not about the presents, it's not about the tree, it's not about the parties and the traditions and the crazy hours of shopping and traffic.  It's about our Savior, Jesus Christ, and all he did for us.  So in this light, I have decided that even though Church is at 9 am and I really really want to sleep in, and although Santa will have to come early, of all the places to be on Christmas Day, it seems like church is the place to be.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and don't forget what it's all about!

No comments: