January 12, 2012

Liquid Dishwasher Detergent

A few weeks ago I showed you how to make your own laundry detergent, this week I tried my hand at Liquid Dishwasher Detergent, I've been using it for about a week and it's working really well.  It's so easy to make too.

 You'll Need:
1 C. Baking Soda
1 C. Borax
1 C. Water
3-5 drops essential oil, I used orange

Mix in measuring bowl, smash any chunks of powder with a fork until smooth.
Pour into a jar or some sort of sealing jug (my plan is to use a salad dressing bottle once I finish up my dressing, then I can squeeze it out instead of scooping it out.)

Label your jar, cause once it sets, it looks like frosting.

Let it set for a few hours or overnight if you can.  Use 2 Tablespoons per cycle.

Tip: instead of using an expensive rinse agent, pour 2 Tablespoons of vinegar into your rinse agent compartment for spot free dishes.

Photobucket

No comments: