January 10, 2012

A Special Day

Today I would like to take a moment and say
 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" 
to my good friend, and co-blogger, Kristie!  I'll be nice and I won't tell you how old she is.  
Kristie and I have been best of friends for nearly 12 years! She's probably the best friend a girl could ask for.  She's been there to help me get back up on my feet several times and she's never not there when I need a friend.


We've shared a lot of good times over 12 years, she's always making me laugh and I won't even get started on all our "inside jokes."  Even now as we live on opposite sides of the country we get together every chance we get and we talk constantly!

She threw me the only birthday party I've had in the last 20 years.  She invited all of our friends and thoroughly embarrassed me, but it's a day I'll never forget.

(I'm the one being held up, Kristie is the one to whom I am clinging trying not to fall.)

We did everything together our throughout our entire high school days and you'd rarely find one of us without the other close by.  We both worked at the same grocery store, we took a lot of the same classes, even had crushes on the same boys! (remarkable we're still friends after that huh?) but we never did fight over boys.  Boys aren't worth best friendships.

(I'm in purple, Kristie's in bright red.)

So Here's to my best friend Kristie, I hope you have an excellent birthday, eat a piece of cake for me!  I hope your next year is filled with happiness and as my daughter would say "may all your hopes and dreams come true!"
And Thanks...for everything.

Photobucket

No comments: