March 31, 2011

Applesauce Cookies

These are my absolutely my FAVORITE ever Cookies! 


Applesauce Cookies

1 C. Shortening
4 Eggs
2 tsp. Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cloves
4 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Applesauce
1 Lg Pkg. Chocolate Chips or Raisins

Mix sugar, shortening and eggs.  Mix applesauce and soda together.  Add to shortening mix, then flour and spices (sifted together) Add chocolate chips or raisins.  Drop on sheet and bake 8-10 min. 

**Applesauce should NOT turn black.  If it does turn black, you need to get a new can of applesauce.**

Photobucket

1 comment:

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! i found you in my inbox from some other site in their FAQ section asking how to get people to your site! This recipe sounds so yummy! i can't often get applesauce here in the Middle East but will measure the little snack packs to see if I have enough and will be trying this recipe! it sounds so yummy! Stop by my blog sometime. I think the best thing to get more traffic to your blog is to leave comments EVERYWHERE! Good luck!