March 21, 2011

Best-Gotta-Have-It Brownies

I don't like brownies.  Never have.  I simply cannot understand why anyone would choose to eat brownies when there are so many amazing and incredible desserts in the world!  These are not brownies.  These are pure heaven!  You pretty much have to eat them with a fork!  Have a napkin handy.  ☺

I was first introduced to this fragment of heaven by a co-worker when I worked at the University of Utah.
Julie Morton.  She was full of incredible dessert recipes!  Just wait til you read about her White Chocolate Fruit Tart!  You'll Die!  I'll post that one soon.
Best-Gotta-Have-It Brownies
Brownie:
1 C. Butter, soft
2 C. Sugar
1/3 C. Cocoa
4 Eggs
1 1/2 C. Flower
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
Topping:
1 lb Mini Marshmallows
1 2/3 C. Powdered Sugar
1/2 C. Butter, soft
1/3 C. Cocoa
1/3 C. Evaporated Milk


Preheat oven to 350° grease a cookie sheet.
Mix butter, sugar and cocoa, stir in eggs.  Add flour, vanilla and salt.  Pour into cookie sheet.  Bake 20 minutes.  Remove and cover with marshmallows.  Bake 3 minutes more.  Remove from oven
Mix remaining ingredients.  Pour over marshmallows while still hot.  Cool and Enjoy.

I like mine extra gooey.  I add 1/3 C more Evaporated Milk.

mmmm.  Heaven.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather Feather said...

Wow! These sound delicious! I've got to try these.