March 15, 2011

Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry

I decided to expand my horizions.  I am attempting a few of my favorite dishes from my favorite fast food chinese resturants.  Beef and Broccoli is my favorite!  A little tid-bit: Did you know that Beef and Broccoli, although sold in chinese resturants all over America is about as Chinese as Apple pie?  Beef and Broccoli is %100 an American dish.  Interesting huh?

Anyway, it's still my favorite.
I've been perfecting it and tonight's was Pretty Darn Good!

  You'll Need:
3 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Water
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 lb Roundsteak, cut into strips and tenderized.
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3-4 C. Broccoli Florets
1 Onion, Wedged
1/3 C. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Water
Just a pinch of Ground Ginger




In a bowl combine 2 T. Cornstarch, 2 T. Water and garlic powder, stir with a fork until smooth.  Pour into a ziploc bag, add meat.  Move the meat around until it is completely coated.  Stir-fry in a large skillet in 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil, over Medium-high heat.  Remove meat when it reaches desired doneness.  Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 min.  Mix remaining ingredients and stir with fork until smooth.  Return beef to pan and add sauce.  Stir and Cook for 2 minutes.  Serve over hot cooked rice.

Original recipe found on http://www.food.com/.

Photobucket

No comments: