March 17, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

First sign of Spring and I am outside.  I decided the rest of the "indoor" projects can afford to wait for a rainy day, that includes the dishes, the vacuuming, and the laundry ☺

I was fortunate enough to get all the kids down for afternoon naps at the SAME TIME!  It's a miracle.
Anyway this is what I did during nap time at the first sign of Spring:

My Seasons Bench
I started by changing the back on my Seasons Bench. My mother-in-law gave me this bench and this summer I'm thinking about making another one and seeing if I can't maybe sell them.  The back of the bench is interchangeable, this is my summer/spring back.  I also have winter snowmen and fall jack-o-lanterns. 


Question for my readers: Would you buy a similar bench? and How much would you pay for it?

Flower Beds
I went ahead and prepped my flowerbeds for spring as well.  I trimmed back my rose bushes (never done that before!  Hope I didn't screw it up!) and I also trimmed my perennials, weeded and tilled the beds with my ground weasel!  ( I love doing that! )  I picked up about a million acorns and put everything I collected in my compost pile out back.




My Mailbox
Next I put the first coat of stain on my wooden mailbox post.  We're the only house in the whole neighborhood who went with wood instead of plastic, but I do not regret the decision at all!  I think it looks stunning.  I'll put another coat of stain on it during the next sunny day we get.



A couple weeks ago I cut these mailbox letters with my Silhouette.


My Front Door

I also made a "Welcome" for my front door, but it's very crooked and needs to be peeled and replaced.  Waiting for a slightly warmer day so the vinyl doesn't peel the paint right off my door.  I'm too lazy to get out the hair-dryer.


My Patio

Seems we moved here so recently and my husband works a ridiculous schedule we have yet to landscape our backyard.  Which means mud.  Lots and lots of mud.  I hate mud 99% of the time.  We also have a puppy.  Puppies and Mud do not mix well.  I was so tired of looking at all the mud he tracked all over my patio.  I got out my hose and my push brush and I cleaned it.  Looks much better now.


I feel very productive! 

I just love spring.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just love spring too! I'm excited about planting.