March 24, 2011

Strawberry Jam

STRAWBERRIES!!

I went to the grocery store to get milk, and I found these bright red, juicy, BIG Strawberries!
Guess what I did with them?


Yup, you guessed it. Strawberry Jam!! 
(Last autumn I made 42 jars of pear jam and we've been eating nothing but that ever since!  It's losing it's charm.  Therefore I'm So thrilled to finally have another flavor!)

My Wonderful and Amazing husband helped me, he got out that potato masher and he mashed my strawberries like a pro!


I used the Sure•Jell Pectin and followed the Cooked Jam Recipe.
Filled my jars.


I sealed the jars and now they're cooling.

I just love hearing that *POP* when my jars seal.  It makes me feel good.

6 Packages of Strawberries gave me enough to make 9 Pints of Jam.


Plus a little bit extra....for dessert.


If you'd like to make your own strawberry jam, start by purchasing your pectin in the baking isle of your local grocery store.  Each box will have instructions on exact ingredients and the proven method for the given pectin.  Jam needs to be water-bath canned for 10 minutes.

No comments: