December 18, 2010

Adult Size Shoulder Bag

Yesterday I posted about a little shoulder bag I made for my daughter.  Well I thought they were so darn cute and easy I made one for myself.


I followed the same pattern I used for the little purses (which you can find here!), but I changed a couple of things. 

Materials:
2-  4 1/2" x 12 1/2" light fabric
2-  8 1/2" x 12 1/2" dark fabric
2- 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" lining fabric
1 Pocket Cut Out, light fabric
6- 23"x2 1/4" strips (two dark, and 4 light)

I sewed 1 dark fabric strip and 2 light fabric strips together at the top and I braided them, then I sewed the bottoms together so they wouldn't come undone.  I repeated this so I had two straps.

After I had sewn the front of the purse together I sewed the pocket on.

The rest of the assembly is the same as the original pattern.

I love it.  It's just big enough for everything I need for myself and It's even big enough to stick a few diapers and snacks for the kids when we're gone for longer periods of time.  This way I don't have to take a bulky diaper bag.  It's Great!

2 comments:

Jerri said...

Cute handle idea!

Holli said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it.