December 23, 2010

White Bean Chicken Chilli


When I was pregnant with our daughter I had this insane craving for white bean chicken chilli. The only problem was that I couldn't find a recipe that looked good to me. I asked my friend Nicole for her recipe and I fell in love with it! I altered it a little bit and think it is great stuff! I hope you enjoy it too!

White Bean Chicken Chilli


2-3 frozen chicken breasts
1 32oz. box of chicken stock
1 can drained pinto beans
1 can drained white beans
1 can of chilli beans with sauce
1 16oz jar of salsa*
1 8 oz. block of cheese (grated)**
2 teaspoons of ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
optional-tortilla chips

Cook the chicken in a crock pot for 5-6 hours on low heat. Then remove the chicken and shred it. Pour our the liquid in crock pot and then all the remaining ingredients and then add back in the shredded chicken. Stir and then cook for 1 hour on high until cheese is melted.
*I don't like big chunks of peppers in my chilli so I run my salsa through my blender before I put it in.
**I found a trick to this, if you are using a block of cheese, freeze it and then thaw it in the mircowave for 30 sec. and then use you hands to crumbed the cheese. It should just fall apart in your hands.

We like to eat ours with tortilla chips! I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: