November 13, 2010

Million Pillowcase Challenge

American Patchwork and Quilting has come up with a One Million Pillowcase Challenge, basically they want america to make one million pillowcases and donate them to any local charity before the end of the calendar year.  I decided to participate, I've also challenged the Young Women and Relief Society (any everyone else) in my ward of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to participate. 

I made my pillowcases yesterday.  All the pillowcases I collect will be donated to the Operation Support for Deployed Military at the end of the month. 

Making a Pillow case is SO Easy.  I followed the pattern found here.  I had a lot of fun picking my fabrics and the pillowcases seriously took less than 10 minutes each.  So Easy.  I'd encourage everyone out there to go pick a couple fabrics and make a couple pillowcases, donate them to any local charity accepting pillowcases then go to the Million Pillowcase Website at the top of this page and add your pillowcases to the counter!




No comments: