April 12, 2011

Baby Handprints

Sometimes you get impatient
Because I am so small
And always leave my handprints
On the furniture and the wall.

But every day I'm growing
And I'll be big someday
And all those tiny handprints
Will have been washed away.

So here's a lasting handprint
Just so you can recall
The way my little fingers looked
When I was very small.

I made a handprint painting with my littlest girl the other day.  I was a lot of fun. 
We had a 92° day on Sunday!  It was AMAZING!
We took advantage and went outside and got paint all over Daddy's nice green grass.  ☺

I started with this:
An 8x8" white canvas


I added a little bit of this:


And a little bit of this: 


And I got this:


I think it's pretty fun.  After the picture I painted my daughters name and date on the bottom, then I hung it in my daughters room right above her crib.  I plan on keeping this for the rest of my life.

I'll be doing one with my toddler in upcoming days too. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Very cute! I think it turned out great!