April 7, 2011

Meat Loaf

To be honest, I have never been a big Meat Loaf fan...until I tried my mother in laws. It was mighty tasty! So I thought I would share the love...

You will need:

2 pounds hamburger, thawed
1 cup shredded carrots
1 ½ cups oats
1 package Liptons onion soup mix
2 eggs
3 tablespoons ketchup
salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. (Use gloves) When mixed, place in pan and flatten down.

Topping
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Mix all topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Then pour over the top of the meat loaf and spread with a spoon. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Remove the foil for the last 10 to 15 minutes for a browned top.
***I made 4 small loaf pans of meat loaf from this recipe. (You can use a larger pan) I double wrap them in foil and store in the freezer.

Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments: