April 8, 2011

Take Me To The Seashore.... Part 1

This post is part one of a two part series.  I am super excited about this project, the idea came to me the other night.  I was in my bathroom getting ready for bed, feeling kinda down on my luck.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw the little basket sitting on my sink, it's full of A LOT these:


My husband and I collected these sanddollars when we lived in Seattle three years ago.
We spent Thanksgiving that year on the beach in Westport, Washington.  Watching the ocean, walking in the sand and collecting as many of these as we could.  It was one of the best days of my life.

All I could think about in that moment was how much I wished I could be sitting on the beach in Westport Washington, without a care in the world.  Nothing on my mind except for myself and the man I love.

When I woke up from my little daydream I had an idea.  I finished the first part this morning and I hope to finish the second part late late tonight, or tomorrow.

I started by writing a poem (an old hobby of mine, something I haven't done in about 6 years.)  I'm rather amazed how quickly it came to me.
I typed it up in my Silhouette program and printed it out with the blue glitter Sketch Pen.
I love the way it turned out.


I'm not sure how well you can read it.
It reads:

Seashore

Take me to the Seashore
So we can bury our toes in the sand
Take me for a walk on the Seashore
So we can watch the ocean, hand in hand

Set me on a bench at the Seashore
Let us watch the sun fade;
Kiss me gently on the Seashore
Forever cherish the love we've made.

Let us stay all day at the Seashore
Watching waves on the beach as they play
Oh, take me to the Seashore
Let our troubles wash away.

(the above poem is my own work, so please show consideration and don't use it without my permission.  Thanks.)

Next I went to Michaels, and purchased an unfinished wooden frame and finishing kit for it.
I stained it (to match the wooden shelf my husband made in this post.)



Hammered in the hanging hardware



Put my mat and poem inside and hung it on the wall.



Anyway this is part one, part two coming soon!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Heather Feather said...

That poem is great! I'm so impressed that you wrote it so quickly. I can't wait to see the other half of the post!

Susan said...

I really like the poem and what you did with it. Beautiful in more ways than one.