April 22, 2011

"Walk Tall" Plaques

One of my all time favorite Young Women songs is "Walk Tall, You're a Daughter of God."  It was actually written by one of my co-blogger Kristie's Young Women leaders, Jamie Glenn.  I LOVE this song.  That song is where I got the idea for this project.


I started with an unfinsihed wooden plaque.  I didn't feel like cutting my own, so I purchased these ones at Michaels.


I painted each board, Aqua Blue for my littlest girls room
Ivory for my "big" girls room.


I used my Silhouette Craft Cutter to cut vinyl letters in Pink and Green for the "Walk Tall"
I centered them on the board and pressed them down.


Then I used black vinyl for the rest of the words, centered and pressed.


I hung them over the doorways to each of my girls's rooms.



I love it.  I've wanted to do this project for a LONG time.  I'm happy with the end result.

Photobucket

No comments: