January 2, 2011

Roast Pork w/ Apple-Sage Gravy

I made this dinner a few weeks ago and it was spectacular!  I never used to like pork... I think that was because the only pork I ever had was plain pork chops.  I haven't cooked plain pork chops in about 4 years.  I've finally found a few select pork recipes I like and this one is Really Good.


Roast Pork w/ Apple-Sage Gravy

3 lb boneless pork loin roast
2 Garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. Fresh Sage leaves
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Fuji Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 M. Onions, thinly sliced (I used one)
½ C. Apple cider
½ C. Chicken Broth
Rub Pork with garlic, sage and salt and pepper. Set Aside.
In large Pan melt butter over medium heat, add apples and onions; season with salt to taste. Cook 6 min. Remove from pot and set aside. Add pork to pot; cook 5 min per side. Add cider and broth. Cover pot and place in oven. Roast 30 min at 350°, add apples and onions, return to oven. Roast uncovered 15-20 min.

For the GRAVY:

I made my gravy using cornstartch but you could use flour if you wanted.  Take about 1 cup of your meat drippings. (if you have to add water to measure one cup)  You can strain your drippings if you want. I chose not to.  Anyway take 1 cup of drippings and about 1 Tbsp Cornstartch.  Mix your cornstarch in with just a little water and stir it until it's smooth.  Pour into drippings and heat until thick.  If you're using cornstarch it will happen very very quickly.  Sitr it constantly and watch it like a hawk!  As soon as it's thick take it off the burner and serve.

No comments: