January 21, 2011

Simple Trick to Clean Sterling Silver

Do you know how to clean Sterling Silver?  Well if you don't, you will by the time you finish reading this.
I have to buy all my jewerly in sterling silver because I'm allergic to nickle (most cheap jewerly is made from nickle) The problem with Sterling Silver is that it tarnishes really easily.  So every now and then I pull out all my earring and necklaces and bracelets and I clean them.


You'd need:
Baking Powder
Water
Aluminum Foil
Bowl
Smaller Bowl
Scrubby Brush

Place aluminum foil inside bowl, shinny side up, place all your tarnished items inside.
In a smaller bowl combine 1 Tbsp Baking Soda and 1 C. Water, mix and pour over items in bowl.  Let your items soak for a few minutes.


In the smaller bowl mix 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda and very little water to make a nice paste.  Pull your items one at a time out of the soaking mixture and rub some paste on them.  Scrub with brush and rinse in water.  Set them to dry.  You'll notice the difference as soon as you rinse the paste off.

It's as easy as that.

No comments: