January 14, 2011

Window Valances

I Finally Got around to this project.  It's been sitting on my sewing table for over a year now.  I hung my window valances today.  What Do Ya Think?

Above: Finished Valance Size is 105"x10"

Above: Finished Valance 160"x 10"

Above: Finished Valance is 75"x10"

I like them.  The one over the small window is hanging funny on one side and I need to figure out why it won't hang right... but other than that.  It's nice to have a little color up against these white white walls!
My house is finally starting to feel like a home.

If you'd like to know how I did it:

Cut your fabric according to the diagram below:

This is for a window that is 70" wide and the valance will hang 10".


 Then Fold, Pin and Stitch according to this diagram:
Hem the sides first!  Then sew the top and bottom.

I bought some cheap curtain rods from Lowes, (all three cost me about $15 total) but they work!  That's about it.  Pretty easy.  Total I spend less than $30 on this project.  The fabric was on sale at Jo-Ann's, I got 5 yards for $13.   I like.

No comments: